Please keep Pastor Matthew Grunewald, from St. John’s in Saint Clair, Minnesota, in your prayers as he deliberates the call our congregation has extended to him to serve as our second Pastor.
Join us in praising the Lord for all of his many blessings this Thanksgiving. We will gather for worship on November 27th, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. and on November 28th at 9:00 a.m.
Christmas Eve Practices
All of the children participating in this year’s Sunday School Christmas Service on Monday, December 23rd at 6:30pm are asked to join us for practices the three Saturdays in December from 9-10:15 a.m. and on Sundays during the Sunday School time in the month of December. Please bring your children as we prepare to share the message of the manger.
Ladies of Good Shepherd
All women of the congregation are invited to attend the Ladies Christmas Party at Blanck’s Lake Aire on Thursday, December 12th. Social Hour will begin at 5 p.m. with dinner at 6 p.m. In lieu of a gift exchange this year, you are asked to bring a toy for the toy drive at Siloah Lutheran School in Milwaukee. Sign on the sheet in the narthex to attend this fun evening!
Would you like to donate a poinsettia to help beautify our altar area for this Christmas season? If you are willing, sign on the sheet under the windows in the narthex. Make a check out to Good Shepherd Lutheran Church for $15 per plant and place it in the envelope on the counter.
World Religions Bible Study
During the month of November, former pastor Stephen Kurtzahn will continue leading us in a study of world religions. While this study does take a look at other religions, it really emphasizes and highlights the unique, saving message found in the Christian Scriptures in contrast to other religious “solutions.”
When to Call a Pastor
Sometimes people aren’t sure whether or not they should call a pastor in a given situation. You might not think it’s important enough or you might not want to bother him or take time from his busy schedule. When should you call?
Please remember that a pastor is called to be a shepherd of souls. He leads and feeds the flock with God’s Word and Sacrament. But to do his work effectively, he needs to know what’s happening in the lives of his people. The following is a list of times when your pastors would appreciate hearing from you:
Call the Pastor:
- if you’re going to be hospitalized
- if you’re planning to move, or just changing your phone number
- if you’re experiencing problems in your marriage and need the counsel of God’s Word
- if you’re struggling with some aspect of the Christian faith or life
- if you’re planning to be married
- if illness or personal problems are preventing you from attending worship services
- if a particular sin is troubling your conscience and you’d like to confess it to the pastor and be assured of God’s forgiveness
- if a problem at church is keeping you from worshiping your Savior joyfully and regularly
- if you are expecting a baby or would like to talk about the baptism of your baby
- if you know a prospect for New Life Class, the class in which the pastor teaches people the basics of the Christian faith
This is only a partial list, but please be assured that the pastor stands ready to assist you with your spiritual needs. Pastor Zimpelmann is available at (414) 702-6717.
JLL Teachers Needed
Jesus’ Little Lambs is currently looking to add two full time individuals to their teaching staff. The hours would be full-time (35-40 hours per week) between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. depending on enrollment. Applicants should possess strong communication skills, a love of children, and a desire to share God’s Word with the children and families that attend Jesus’ Little Lambs. Early childhood experience is a plus, but not necessary. Qualified persons should be an active member in a WELS congregation. If you are interested or have questions, contact Kendra Norris, JLL Director, (920) 921-8500 or email@example.com.