Can You Help With Sunday School?
This coming school year we are planning a four classroom Sunday School divided as: 4K-Kindergarten, grades 1-2, grades 3-4 and grades 5-8. Our staff is filling up now and we hope to have a normal start to the Sunday School year on Sunday, September 13th. We have need in the grades 3-4 room for a teacher and a helper, or for co-teachers. We have need in the grades 5-8 room for a helper, or a co-teacher (we already have one teacher there). We also appreciate growing our pool of ready and willing substitute teachers and extra helpers. Please contact Pastor Grunewald, (507) 993-8994, if you can teach, sub or help and if you have any questions. Thanks for your volunteering!
Lawn Mowing and Shrub Bed Care
The Properties Board is still in need of people interested in lawn mowing and shrub bed care. Sign up on the sheets in the narthex if you are interested in either of these. Contact Ben Zeitler with any questions.
The Lord’s Supper
For the time being, we will be offering the Lord’s Supper at every worship service.
When to Call a Pastor
Sometimes people aren’t sure whether or not they should call a pastor in a given situation. You might not think it’s important enough or you might not want to bother him or take time from his busy schedule. When should you call?
Please remember that a pastor is called to be a shepherd of souls. He leads and feeds the flock with God’s Word and Sacrament. But to do his work effectively, he needs to know what’s happening in the lives of his people. The following is a list of times when your pastors would appreciate hearing from you:
Call the Pastor:
- if you’re going to be hospitalized
- if you’re planning to move, or just changing your phone number
- if you’re experiencing problems in your marriage and need the counsel of God’s Word
- if you’re struggling with some aspect of the Christian faith or life
- if you’re planning to be married
- if illness or personal problems are preventing you from attending worship services
- if a particular sin is troubling your conscience and you’d like to confess it to the pastor and be assured of God’s forgiveness
- if a problem at church is keeping you from worshiping your Savior joyfully and regularly
- if you are expecting a baby or would like to talk about the baptism of your baby
- if you know a prospect for New Life Class, the class in which the pastor teaches people the basics of the Christian faith
This is only a partial list, but please be assured that the pastor stands ready to assist you with your spiritual needs. Pastor Zimpelmann is available at (414) 702-6717.
JLL Teachers Needed
Jesus’ Little Lambs is currently looking to add two full time individuals to their teaching staff. The hours would be full-time (35-40 hours per week) between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. depending on enrollment. Applicants should possess strong communication skills, a love of children, and a desire to share God’s Word with the children and families that attend Jesus’ Little Lambs. Early childhood experience is a plus, but not necessary. Qualified persons should be an active member in a WELS congregation. If you are interested or have questions, contact Kendra Norris, JLL Director, (920) 921-8500 or email@example.com.